In the spring of 1951, a group of people decided to form the Calvary Baptist Church, meeting in the Rome Grade School building until new facilities were found. In October, they moved into their new building at 909 N. Fourth Street in Chillicothe. Pastor Denzil Neumann, who candidated in June, began his ministry the same month the church moved into the Fourth street building.
In 1965, the people of Calvary launched out on faith and voted to build new facilities on the Cloverdale property, which was generously donated to the church. In June of that year, construction began. In January of 1966, the first service was held in the new facilities, though it was yet unfinished.
Pastor Neumann served from 1951-1959. He was followed by Pastor George Abbas, who served from 1960-1963. In 1964, Pastor Arthur Olson was called, and pastored until 1978.
In 1971, the current parsonage was built at 108 Ridgewood Drive. Then in 1974 the gymnasium was added to the back of the church building.
Pastor Wesley Potter was called in 1979 and held the pastorate through 1986.
Pastor Ralph Wingate Sr. pastored the congregation from 1987 to 2005. He then retired and returned to Wintersville, Ohio. In December 2005 the Church called Pastor Curtis L. Cochran as Pastor. Pastor Cochran joined with Calvary Baptist Church in January of 2006.